1. Regulations relating to Times of Start of Events:- Open Events, Saturdays (25 miles or less) - Morning events, first rider starts no later than 7.01am Open Events, Sundays (all distances) - Morning events, first rider starts no later than 7.01am Afternoon events using A537 (Chelford-Knutsford), First rider starts no earlier than 4.01 pm Club Events, First rider no earlier than 6.30 pm with entries limited so that last rider finishes before official sunset time. All events using Chelford Island, midweek, must not start before 7.00 pm
2. Chelford Island ALL the roads approaching Chelford Island have to be signed with an official "CYCLE EVENT" warning sign. Clubs promoting events that approach Chelford Island along the A535 MUST erect a LARGE (1200x850 mm) 'Cycle Event' sign on the A537, Monk's Heath to Chelford road. The suggested position is between the pillars of the large road sign a just east of Chelford Island. In addition to the marshals, a competent observer must be appointed [see (5) below].
3. The following paragraph MUST appear on ALL start sheets: "Care At Road Junctions. Riders must exercise care at all junctions. Any competitor whose riding line causes him/her to cross the white line when approaching or leaving a junction will be liable to disqualification and may be reported to the District Committee for further disciplinary action."
4. If your event uses the J2/9 then the following MUST appear on your start sheet: "Vehicles must not be parked, however briefly, in any part of the access area to Mount Pleasant Nursing Home, opposite the finish."
5. If your event uses Chelford Island then the following MUST appear on your start sheet: "Riders must negotiate Chelford Island in a safe and sensible manner in accordance with CTT Reg. 20 and the rules of the road. Riders must be able to brake and stop at the island if traffic conditions require this. Riders MUST NOT approach and encircle the island using tri-bars. Remember - traffic on the island has priority over traffic (including riders) entering it. Any rider seen to be in breach of this regulation will be disqualified from the event and may be reported for further disciplinary action.” Home About New Riders Affiliated Clubs Open Events Club Events Local Regulations Recommendations Information for Event Organisers M&DTTA Points Results
6. If your event uses Seven Sisters Lane then the following MUST appear on the start sheet: “Riders must take extra care when exiting from Seven Sisters Lane onto the A50.”
7. If your event uses Twemlow Lane then the following MUST appear on the start sheet: "Be aware that there is a double bend shortly after turning into Twemlow Lane at Cranage. Riders need to anticipate this and be prepared to negotiate it in a safe manner. In wet weather the metal covers and edges become a skid risk. Please take care."
8. If your event joins the A556 from the B5082 the following MUST appear on the start sheet: “Riders must exercise extreme caution when joining the A556. Proceed with caution keeping close to the verge. Any rider who joins the A556 in a manner which causes him/her to cross the dividing line of the two lane carriageway will be disqualified from the event and may be reported to the District Committee for disciplinary action.”
9. Should a rider be disqualified as a result of his behaviour, this should be shown on the result sheet.